3.30.2010

we sat with the angels

Later that afternoon while my mom watched the napping kids my dad took us girls on Angel's Landing, a trail cut into solid rock in 1926 with a 1500 ft climb.
The beginning of the hike up from the Grotto.
Looking upward to where we're headed
You wouldn't even know people were hiking up this thing.
Hardcore sisters
Dad was great taking pics (taking over for my mom)
Walter's Wiggles, a set of 21 switchbacks
An overview from above
After Scout's Lookout the chains begin and continue for the last half mile.
How cool is it up here!
We are hiking to the furthest point along this ridge with the chains, kinda crazy?
The angels have landed. I can see why angels come here.
Who wouldn't love this view. Kandis didn't dare come sit, let alone lay on this slope.
Dad and me on top of the world.
Can you believe how high this is? So cool.
Kate and me on the highest point, Kandis couldn't watch.
Kandis couldn't wait to get down, she was having a serious bit of height fright, a little uncommon for her but she smiled for the pic nonetheless.
Thanks dad, that hike rocked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

You crazy nuts!!! Makes my hands sweat! Glad you had fun!