9.19.2007

great apps!

HERB COATED GOAT CHEESE recipe here.
I saw this on "everday italian" awhile back and had been wanting to make these for something. I am doing a dinner club with my sister and some of her friends once a month and last night's theme was appetizers. I was excited to make some new things. This pic just shows a few steps along the way to the final creation - these were delicious and colorful. Served with crostini bread.


PROSCUITTO & PEAR SUSHI recipe here.
Don't be alarmed (there is no raw fish here for all you sushi-haters / I LOVE sushi). It's julienned pears with a little lime juice and pepper (instead of rice). You roll that up using proscuitto slices (instead of seaweed) and make a balsamic reduction (instead of soy) to drizzle on the plate and garnish with chives. BOTH WERE EXCELLENT!

1 comment:

The Sniders said...

Kellie you are a nut! I can't beleive you are such a cooker! Good job girl! Your hubby is a LUCKY man!