10.28.2008

tricky treats


I was craving some homemade sugar cookies last week and busted out some dough to make these sweet treats. These lovely pumpkins are and 'ode' to my mom because this is how she always made them.

RECIPE FOR EXCELLENT DOUGH:

In a large bowl combine
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs

Mix and cream together

In a small bowl add
2 TBSP warm water
1 TBSP vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda

Stir until soda is dissolved, then add to sugar mixture.

Then add
5 cups Flour (may need to add more until the dough is not sticky and firm enough to roll out)
1 heaping tsp. Baking Powder


Mix, Roll out, Cut Shapes, and Bake at 350ยบ for 8-10 minutes.
Makes about 3 dozen

2 comments:

The Keetch Family said...

those look delish! i'm throwing a big shindig on Friday afternoon for the kiddies....no less 40 kids on the roster....wish me luck. i might just have to put these on the menu.

The Moore Family said...

Kellie, I used to love these! I can remember eating a few of your mom's. I will have to pull out this recipe for sure!